My current status ...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Hayley 4th Month Celebration

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Bite Mark!


Hello!!
Sharing the bite mark that I've got bitten by my new classmate (girl) on last Tues.

When my mummy & Hebe fetched me from school bus in the evening, they are shocked to see such an ugly red mark caused by my new classmate / in my new transfer class.

Why new classmate(s) & new class??
Coz the week before this incident happened, I was kena pinched on right upper arm by this girl classmate, Megan, in my former class. There is a dark blue black bruises resulted from the pinch. My parents have brought this up to the principle and teacher in charge during the meet teacher session on 5 Dec. This is not the 1st incident that occured to me. I was also kena scratched by another girl's fingernails just about 2 months ago. Along the way since I've enrolled, I been scratched occassionally (once even by the care giver teacher who assisted to shower me, on my face). Some of the incidents & Mummy has already hightlighted to the teacher on such cases & most of the time, they just accept it as part of the growing as it is unavoidable when playing with other 'rough' kids in my class.

However, the bite mark is the last straw that my Mummy can take it! Teachers are saying that I was snatching toy from this girl, provoked her causing her to bite me. However, since there are 2 teachers who witness the whole incident. They should interfered & stop me from snatching the toy.. to prevent such ugly incident happened. Everytime, my parents hear the same thing from the teachers / principle and saying such cases is small matter.

Often, we wonder if the situation is reversed & if I'm the one who bit or pinched the others. Will the parents of the victim comes to us & cause a scene?? As of now, my parents yet to approach the parents of that classmate. My parents always taught me to be kind and nice to other kids. Must not involved in fighting with other kids. Yet this is what we got in return especially facing such mischievious kids. Though violent is not suggested here, I must learn to protect myself when facing to such kids.

My parents now looking for courses for me to learn the art of self defense as well for my well-being as form exercise.
If you are in my parents' shoes now, will you :
A) withdraw your child immediately from this school? OR
B) continue in this school ??


P/S: Edited post - agreed that violent is not the way to handle such situation.. and those kids are not really at fault. Parents and teachers should play an important role in disciplining the kids to avoid such situation.


~ Love from Hayley ~

5 comments:

Chyun Tok Finne said...

uff.. that must be a hard situation. No matter what, you should not be mentally/physically abused..it is none of the kids fault... the adult i.e teachers, should vigilance at all time... !! to learn self defence is not a good way to solve the problem. violent is not the way in any mean. Hope the school will take it up with the adult.

Hello! My name is Hayley Tan said...

Hei Chyun..
no worries.. we are not teaching lil sweet Hayley to 'bully' back other kids using violent. We been teaching her to shout for teacher(s) for help if she kena bullied. However none of this seem to help.. either the teachers r too busy to note. Hence,to let her learn some self defense skill may be good for her to learn ways to protect herself if she met such situations against such kids again. Currently searching for taekwondo classes for her.. as a form of exercise as well for her to learn self defense art. hee


Agree none of this is kids' fault, usually teachers should help to discipline them or the parents themselves also play an impt role.

However, we really lose confident in her current school, have no sense of security in there since such cases been happening. Now on lookout of other better school.

Bisou fm Mommy Irene

Anonymous said...

If I were in your parents shoes, Hayley, I'll withdraw my child immediately from the school as this has occured too many times already and the school's response does not seem like they are concerned.
Choose another school where teachers are more concerned about such incidents.
I think self defense class any not be the answer too as such incidents may not warrent self defense class type of actions. I mean, what can Hayley do? Karate chop back/ push back? :-P
I think self defense class is more more protection against bigger bullies who hit or even adult perpetrators.

What my girl does is to tell the offender off in the face that what he/she did is wrong, something like "eh! You cannot push me you know!" - bascially standing up to the offender. This wld make the offender think twice abt doing it again.

Transfer her.

Hello! My name is Hayley Tan said...

Hi Anonymous,
Though we do not know who u are, appreciate your thoughts and feedback.

Actually, we hope the self defense class will teach Hayley on how to stand up to those bullies or bigger bullies. Of course, those class will not definitely teach kiddos to fight / beat up ppls. It is a form of exercise class and to build up confidance too.

Mommy Irene

Jerral's Haven said...

poor gal.. it's heart rending to see Hayley like this.
suggest you should transfer her out since the school is not 'so concern' about the kids safety.
yes, it's part of growing up but Hayley is still too young to understand this.
and definitely.. she is still too young to answer back or push away the other kids who bully her.
self defense is not for her too la.. she is too young to learn or understand unless you are letting her have a go at it.. just for fun, u know.

regardless.. give some thoughts about it and if i will in you shoes.. i will definitely have her out of this nasty place!

love.. godma san